Camp Pattersonville Statements of Faith & Practice
We believe that in order to preserve the Christian mission and integrity of Camp Pattersonville and to provide a biblical role model to the Camp Pattersonville campers, it is imperative that all Staff and Board members of Camp Pattersonville agree to and abide by the following Statement of Christian Faith, Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality, and Statement of Final Authority. (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14- 16; 1 Thess 5:22)
Statement of Christian Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe, (a) in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, (b) in His virgin birth, (c) in His sinless life, (d) in His miracles, (e) in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, (f) in His bodily resurrection, (g) in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and (h) in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26- 27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25)
- We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4)
- We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10)
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9- 11)
Statement of Final Authority
These statements do not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Camp Pattersonville’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Directors is Camp Pattersonville’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.