Purpose and Code of Conduct
Statement of Purpose
We believe our highest calling is to lovingly share with all campers the great news of God’s sacrificial love demonstrated in his creation and his work through Christ to restore people to a right relationship with him. Therefore, we gladly welcome all campers who along with their family agree to the Camp Pattersonville Code of Conduct.
Code of Conduct
1. We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are not in accord with Scripture nor the Purpose and Practices of Camp Pattersonville and will not be tolerated. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31)
2. Campers shall respect the property of others, the teaching of the Staff, and hold the safety of each person as a top priority. (Exodus 20:15, Matthew 19:18, Romans 13:9, Philippians 2:3-4)
3. Campers shall abide by the instruction of the Staff. This includes the separation of all persons for bathrooms, showers, and sleeping accommodations by biological sex/gender, as determined at birth by a healthcare professional. A family may stay together when occupying an entire sleeping facility. Campers shall not promote views or behavior that conflict with the Camp Pattersonville Confession of Faith. (Genesis 1:27, 5:2, Psalm 139:13-14, Matthew 19:4, Mark 10:6)
4. The Staff of Camp Pattersonville shall respectfully exercise non-physical discipline, as necessary, to maintain and restore order. In severe cases, this may lead to contact with the camper’s responsible adult(s) and a request for them to remove the camper from Camp.
5. The use of the following will not be tolerated at Camp Pattersonville among campers or staff and will result in immediate dismissal from camp: cigarettes, alcohol, marijuana, vaping, pornography and firearms or other weapons. Traditional folding Scout style knives or swiss army knives are acceptable upon demonstrating knife safety skills to a Counselor.
6. The behavior, language and clothing of campers and staff must reflect the Christ-centered Biblical values and attitudes of Camp Pattersonville. Issues with clothing, swearing, cursing, and other misconduct will be managed in accordance with the Camp Pattersonville disciplinary policy at the discretion of the Camp Director or Camp Board.
March 27, 2021