Camp Pattersonville Confession of Faith
We believe that in order to preserve the Christian mission and integrity of Camp Pattersonville and to provide a biblical role model to the Camp Pattersonville campers, it is imperative that all Staff and Board members of Camp Pattersonville agree to and abide by the following Confession of Faith. (Matthew 5:16; Philippians 2:14- 16; 1 Thessalonians 5:22)
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative word of God. (Psalm 119:160, Matthew 24:35, 2 Timothy 3:16)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:19, 1 Peter 1:2.
3. We believe, (a) in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, (b) in His virgin birth, (c) in His sinless life, (d) in His miracles, (e) in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, Romans 5:8 (f) in His bodily resurrection, 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4 (g) in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, Acts 7:56; and (h) in His personal return in power and glory. Acts1:11
4. We believe that only by receiving Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord can a person be saved (born again) and enter the Kingdom of God. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit and repentance are absolutely essential. John1:12; John 3;16,17; John 14:6; Romans10:9,10,13, Ephesians 4:22–24, 1 Peter 1:3.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. John 14:26; John 16:13
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Psalm 133:1, Romans 12:18)
8. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person. (Genesis 1:27, 5:2, Psalm 139:13-14, Matthew 19:4, Mark 10:6)
9. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning; the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Genesis 2:18-25, Matthew 19:5-6, Mark 10:7-9, 1 Corinthians 7:2-5)
10. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (Gen 2:18-25, Matthew 19:5-6, Mark 10:7-9, 1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4)
11. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. (Matthew 19:5-6, Mark 10:7-9, 1 Corinthians 7:2, Hebrews 13:4)
12. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, premarital sex, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, transgender conduct, polygamy, polyamory, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matthew 15:18-20; Mark 7:21, Acts 15:20, 29, 21:25, Romans 13:13, 1 Corinthians 5:1, 11-13, 6:9-10, 13, 18, 2 Corinthians 12:21, Galatians 5:19, Ephesians 5:3, Colossians 3:5, 1 Timothy 1:8-10, Jude 1:7, Revelation 2:14, 20)
13. We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, 1 Thessalonians 4:3, 2 Timothy 2:22, Revelation 2:21, 9:21)
14. These statements do not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Camp Pattersonville’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Directors is Camp Pattersonville’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
March 27, 2021